Friday, October 17, 2014

Training Log: Entry 1734

(21) Reverse band bench 365
2x1

Notes: I honestly think I'm just going to scrap this and follow Matt Kroc's bench program that he laid out in his latest book.  I'm spinning my wheels, trying to get too creative, and just not really accomplishing anything.  Might be fun to give the keys to someone else for a while.

(28) Reverse band pause bench  385
3x7

Notes: Threw in a pause, made it interesting.  Might stick with this.

Chins
200

GB cable rows 90
5x10

Cable curls 50
3x10

Shoulder work


Notes: I need to just gain some f-ing weight.  I'm getting too obsessed with my appearance, and it's killing my pressing.  I shouldn't be below 200lbs unless I have a meet coming up.

2 comments:

  1. I just put two and two together and realized you were trying to stay slim while nursing your shoulders with light weight. For me that's never worked. To stay strong I have to have at least one of lots of food or lots of weight. I think the hypertrophy effect of high reps is just nullified without enough calories.

    But you seem to still be going heavy with the bands so my injury experience may not apply, just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree with you. I'm honestly being way too stupid. My work has been crazy, and I've been skipping meals. I also know that my shoulders always feel great when I'm heavier, and ALWAYS feel like garbage when I get lighter.

      I can still definitely lift heavy, but that's more my pain tolerance than anything else. Always a poor diagnostic tool for me, haha. I appreciate the input.

      Delete