Monday, June 12, 2017

Training Log: Entry 2382

BUILDING THE MONOLITH DAY 1

AM WORKOUT

Buffalo bar Squat
5xBar
5x100
5x140
3x190
1x230
5x280
5x320
5x5x360

Axle Press
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
5x156
5x181
3x201
10x156

Notes: Too high a training max for press for how I'm training this.  I took video and I'll upload it later, but basically I set it up so that I went Squat-chin-press-chin-squat repeat.  This made it so that I could get through the workout faster, but meant very short recovery periods.  I've hit 5x201 on many occasions prior, but that was when press was the primary focus.  On a full body day like this, think it's time to lower it.

Chins (various grips)
25x4

Dips
2x30
3x20

Pull aparts
5x20

Notes: Everything performed between sets of squats.  This was a helluva workout.  Next time, I think I'll save dips for last, because even with the Buffalo Bar, trying to do squats after dips was murder on the arms.

General notes: Woke up at 194.8.  Got the whole workout done in about 50 minutes, which is 10 minutes less than usual, but I needed those extra 10 minutes to lay down and die.  Wanted to prove that this workotu CAN be done in  an hour or less, because I've seen so many people bitch about training time for it.  Still figuring it out, but this has been a great eye opener and really relit some training fires.  Haven't pushed myself this hard in a while.

So, to illustrate the approach, like I said, through the presses it was squat-chin-press-chin-squat repeat.  Once the presses were all done, it went squat-chin-pull apart-dip-chin-squat,repeat. 

For diet overhaul, I'm trying to eat more food and less junk.  Pre-trainig was 2 cups of wild blueberries with 2 tablespoons of raw honey.  Post training was 2 scoops whey, 1 cup frosted flakes, 1 cup skim milk, and that's going to be the most junk food of the day.  I've added a meal on top of my normal nutrition, which is 1lb of beef ribs and 3 hardboiled eggs mixed into a romaine lettuce salad with cucumbers and cherry tomoatos.


EDIT: Here is video of the whole workout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIQv33_psxE

No comments:

Post a Comment