Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Training Log: Entry 2384

BUILDING THE MONOLITH WORKOUT 2

AM WORKOUT

Texas Power Bar touch and go Deadlift
5x135
5x225
1x315
5x380 (straps from here out)
5x435
3x5x490

Notes: Pulled my left hamstring on the second warm-up set, so everything after that was hell and my starting position was all jacked up.  Still sore from Monday, so something I had to work around.  Might be more dilligent with recover, or see if I adapt.

Axle bench
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
5x186
5x211
5x251
10x281
16x211

Notes: This is a planned program deviation.  Rather than doing the 5x5, I'm sticking with traditional 5/3/1 with a FSL AMRAP.  This has been working incredibly well for my bench, and for the first time in about a decade it's finally moving upward, so I'm not messing with success.  I might compensate for the lacking volume with my conditioning work.

DB curls 40
5x10

Hammer curls 40
5x10

DB rows 105
1x12
1x11
3x10

Notes: The rows are really what got me in the end. Kept feeling like I was going to puke.
General notes: Woke up at 194.8.  Got the workout done in just under 60 minutes.  I took video again and will upload tomorrow, but the strategy was Deadlift-curl-bench repeat.  It timed out that the deadlifts and bench both finished at the same time, so after that I knocked out 2 remaining sets of curls and the 5 sets of rows while cleaning up the bench and deadlift bars.  Wasn't moving qutie as fast today as I was on Monday, but with this being a day of much heavier weight moved on all lifts it was a necessary precaution.

Diet is remaining on point for now.
  
Worth noting that I realized I calculated my deadlift training max for this program using a PM PR and I'm training in the AM.  Not a smart move, but we'll see what happens.  I am supposed to challenge myself here, and I think I'm doing that.

2 comments:

  1. Seeing as this is a template for "size" (obviously this doesn't exist in a vacuum but bear with me) are you planning on recording any measurements and seeing what changes in 6 weeks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No measurements, but I am tracking bodyweight and I took some photos of my physique. Since I'm not trained on taking measurements, my concern is measuring from different locations each time, which would confuse the results.

      I took some video of the first workout btw, in case you're interested in viewing what it looked like.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIQv33_psxE

      Delete