Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2366

AM WORKOUT
Buffalo Bar Squats 280
9x10

Notes: This was a real test.  Left knee was not happy this morning, and felt like bone on bone.  Rested 3 minutes between sets for the first 5.  Started laying down between sets after that, and rested 4 minutes for the next 2 sets.  That's when a real bad exertion headache set in, so then I started resting 4 minutes between sets, would then stand up and lean against the bar until my vision went from double to single, and would get the next set in, so longer than 4 minutes in total.  In turn, once I was done with set 9, I was running pretty low on time, and was feeling the distinct feeling of my soul escaping my pineal gland, so I called it a day and literally crawled up the stairs to take my shower before getting to work.
 
I've got room to hit 10x10 next week before I get on my cruise, after which point, I'll most likely apply a different approach for this workout.  I think training like this in absence of a caloric surplus is most likely not terribly viable, but the challenge has been good for me.

Woke up at 194.8.  I know I said I'm going to enjoy this off season, but last night I saw an Octoberfest competition about 7 hours away that looks pretty cool.  I might just train the way I wanna train and then show up for it, because it didn't look terribly heavy.  Something I'll consider at least.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds brutal without a lot of food. I'm going through a similar thing with squats and calories. If you do that show please lift and win wearing lederhosen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah!I am just about German enough to pull it off. Saw the squat stuff on your end as well. We seem to be linked. We were the same weight a while back, haha.

      Delete