Saturday, August 25, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2372

AM WORKOUT

(3) Texas Deadlift Bar touch and go deadlifts
5x135+chains
5x225+chains
3x315+chains
1x405+chains

DROPSET
12+4+4x495+chains
10+5x405+chains

Standing ab wheel
4x8

SSB squats EMOM 245lbs
Triples for 10 minutes

Notes: Something of a mixed bag on this one.  Warm ups felt awesome.  The 405 set before the topset flew up with zero lockout issues, whereas normally it's a soft lockout since I pull it double overhand.  Goal was 13 reps for the first part of the topset, got that familiar pain in my right hip/glute and decided not to push it at the 12 mark.  DID manage 9 reps in one breath, which was pretty cool.  However, once I set up for the back off set of 405, it suddenly dawned on me that I'd rather be anywhere else in the world than right there at that instant, and every rep was a struggle.  Weird how the energy just fell out of me so quickly.

After the final part of the deadlift workout, I was just beat to hell, so I figured I'd try something I had been meaning to do with the EMOM squats.  I think this might be what I settle on for the foreseeable future.  Seemed to answer the mail pretty well.  Weight was a tough too light, but I definitely started feeling it on the last 3 sets.

Woke up at 197.6.  May try to get in a last minute conditioning workout before I leave for the cruise.  Trying my hardest not to be limping for my whole week off.

No comments:

Post a Comment