Friday, September 7, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2376

AM WORKOUT

GIANT SETS

Axle bench press
5xAxle
5x136
5x186
3x236
3x276
8x301
16x236

DB handle rows 132
7x8

Band pull aparts
5x20


GIANT SETS

Axle incline press 173
3x9
2x8

DB handle rows 132
5x6

Lateral raises 20
5x10

Notes: Broke out the DB row handle after a long while in retirement.  Loaded it with 2 25s and a 10 per side.  Gives me a decent amount of ROM and a heavier load. Handle is a touch too thin and bothers my elbows some, may use straps in the future.  Otherwise though, it was nice to get a little heavier on the DB rows again.

Benching was adequate.  Incline is feeling more natural, although I think I'm jacking something up in my left shoulder.  Gonna ride it out and see what happens.

Woke up at 194.8.

4 comments:

  1. You suggested years ago that I use a cut-out pool noodle as a way to thicken a dumbbell handle. It was a good idea, haha. Also, kudos to being able to actually get sore on light weights while traveling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for that man. It's not quite needing the beefing up I'd get from a pool noodle, but maybe some light pipe insulation would do the trick. I'm sure I can rig up something. Appreciate the brainstorming.

      Delete
  2. About what degree on incline are you doing? 30 degrees feels fine for me and more like benching, 45 feels bad and my shoulders click and grind the whole way, and 70 feels good again and more like OHP. I also started doing it again and found a similar thing that I just run out of gas big time with it.

    WR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so bad at figuring out angles I couldn't say. It's a multi-stage adjustable bench, and this is at point 2, which would be higher than a low incline and lower than a high. Might be right at the 45 you're talking about. It's weird how out of nowhere there are just no more reps.

      Delete