Saturday, September 22, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2383

DAY 1 OF DEEP WATER

AM WORKOUT

Buffalo Bar Squats 270
10x10

Axle deadlifts 226lbs superset w/bodyweight lunges
3x10/10

Notes: 4 minutes rest between sets on squats, 2 minutes on the deads and lunges.  The last set of squats was more like a 10 minute rest, as I was hammered.  Exertion headache and trying to hold in my chow.  Usually eat something like an apple fritter before training on these days just to get in a lot of calories quickly, but it's a no-sale, as it kept wanting to come back around set 8.  The deads are supposed to be light, and doing them after squats sure makes that happen.  I still owe the ab work, but I'll get that done latter today.  This was the challenge I wanted, and I think, once the calories go up, it'll become a little better.

Woke up at 192.2.  Good place to start gaining.

Oh yeah, also, usually listen to the Downward Spiral when I start a new program, but today I just listened to this on a loop for 2 hours

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg76mSSzErs

It seemed to fit.

PM ABWORK

1 minute plank followed by 20 sit-ups

3 rounds with no rest (just continuous circuit)

Notes: Everything in the program looks ok on paper, and then the rubber hits the road and reality happens.  The final round of sit-ups on this sucked.  I think this ab work every time I train thing will be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment