Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2385

DEEP WATER DAY 3

AM WORKOUT

Axle push press 151lbs
10x10

Axle curl 66lbs superset w/ DB lateral raises (non-stop circuit)
10/10x25lbs
10/10x20lbs
10/10x15lbs
2x10

Notes: 4 mins rest between sets on the push presses, then had to make up time on the curls and raises.  Still a good training effect.  I'm wasting too much energy controlling the eccentic on the push presses, and that's really only something I can get away with since the weight is light.  Have to train away from that.  My triceps were absolutely fried at the end, which shows me where my weaknesses are.  Controlling the eccentric played in that too.  I'm still awful/inconsitent with push presses, because I'd get to like rep 8 on one of the later sets and knock out a rep that flew from chest to lockout with no press in between, whereas earlier reps would be grinders.  My hope is that putting me under fatigue will force me to find technique. 

Did have to rack the axle and take a breather to finish out some of the later sets, but to a significant degree.  Biggest issue was maintaining rack position for so long.

Still owe the ab work for today; plan to knock that out soon.

Woke up at 195.2.  Been putting away food like it's my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment