Tuesday, April 2, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3218

AM WORKOUT (0410 wake up via alarm)


2 mile treadmill walk w/45lb vest (speed 3, incline 4 for the first mile, 5 for the second)

95x180lb reverse hyper

50 pull aparts

2x5 standing ab wheel

Neck harness

Tabata interval KB swings (rotate between 40kg bell, 24kg bell, 20kg bell, and 32.5lb bell per round)


Notes:


* Getting in that DoggCrapp cardio and some odds and ends.  With the Mrs away, I didn’t want to leave my kid home alone while I went for a walk at 0’dark stupid, so I used the treadmill and made use of its incline.  Was a nice change of pace, and the motor kept me honest on my stride.  The 45lb vest feels incredibly light compared to my usual 80lber, which was a nice change.  Breathed through the nose the whole time.  Forgot to mention that I do a 10 mile race on Saturday, and minus that 5k I ran on my cruise, I haven’t done any running in about a year, so that’ll be interesting.


* That KB swing workout at the end was nice.  Between that and the hypers, I got my hips in a good way.  They were feeling a little beat up before the workout.  Also, my left quad is sore, which is pretty rare for me these days, so that’s a good sign with yesterday’s workout.  Honestly really digging the return to DoggCrapp: 3 days a week of lifting, constantly rotating movement, progressive overload, adequate time for walking, this is really suiting me right now.  Just don’t care for how long the workouts take, but I’m getting up a little earlier and making it work.


* Tang Soo Do later today.  I’m on day 2 of higher compliance Apex Predator/Velocity diet, basically bringing protein powder to work for lunch and then a solid meal at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment