Saturday, April 6, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3222

Got up at 0545, knocked out 55 push ups while my steak and eggs cooked, then went for a 10 mile race. 


IT went well





That 10 mile run went the best it’s been in the 3 years I’ve been running it. I did absolutely ZERO prep for it and felt the best I had. It took until about mile 4 for me to find my groove, but I didn’t feel bad up until that point: just “aware” that I was running. After that, it became effortless. Got to talk with my wife the entire time, so we kept a comfortable conversational pace, and when it was done I felt like I coulda gutted out the rest of the distance to get in a half marathon.


The steak and eggs absolutely hit the spot. 





That steak came from my wife’s family’s farm in Iowa, and goddamn, whatever they’re doing with those cows, they’re doing it right, because it’s delicious. I actually air fried it this morning, since it was faster than grilling, which I’ve never done with a “good” steak, since it seemed like a waste but it actually turned out really yummy with some Duck Fat Spray and some Redmon’s salt. Felt awesome having it in me for the distance.


Of course, NOW, about 2 hours later, I am an absolute Tin Man walking wreck, haha, but as Dan John pointed out, you either spend time prepping before the race or spend time recovering afterwards, but either way you spend time.


Off to eat all the meat in the world for the rest of the day. Looking like some Culver’s for lunch and our favorite BBQ place for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment