Thursday, April 25, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3239

AM WORKOUT (0410 Wake up via alarm)


75 KB swings w/55lb bell

2 mile walk w/80lb vest

.75 mile walk w/o vest

50 band pull aparts


Breakfast


Short walk with dog


Notes:


* Training motivation incredibly low this morning.  Alarm went off and I spent a solid minute contemplating rolling back over and sleeping in.  I’m pretty sleepy in general, despite getting some good sleep.  There is a possibility I am getting sick, although aside from sleepiness and a bit more body fatigue than usual I don’t have any other symptoms.  With it being just a walk day, it may also  have been part of the issue: hard to get excited about it, but I knew it was ultimately good for me, and I’m trying my hardest to remain as compliant as possible with the training (outside of having swapped out the forearm work).


* It started to rain toward the end of my 2 miles, and I was wearing my vest with iron plates, so I booked it back home, shucked it off and did the rest of the walk without the vest.  Still moved at a 3.0 pace this whole time, which is good to see.


* We got in a 4.5 mile walk as a family yesterday.  I’ve been going shirtless, getting maximum sun exposure.  I’m glad my kid isn’t too embarrassed about that.


* Another Tang Soo Do tournament prep night tonight.  Tournament on Saturday.  I will be doing open hand forms, weapon forms (long staff/bo/bong depending on your language) and sparring.

No comments:

Post a Comment