Monday, December 4, 2006

Training Log: Entry 322

Got my ass kicked by my fiancee tonight.  Did some "no strike sparring", where I could only defend while she could throw serious bombs at me.  It's been too long since I've been hit hard, I was acting like a rookie.  First few hits triggered that "anger" instinct, but once I got over that I started thinking a little more.  Starting working my slipping, bobbing and weaving in there.  It's so tricky because of all the overhands she throws.  Really hard to work much of a defense.  Threw in a few blocks but she'd just draw my turtle and then go for the body.  Tried working the footwork, but she'd just keep on following.  Very powerless, but helped get back in the swing of things.  Did 3 rounds, and towards the 3rd I finally shook off most of my ring rust.  Used the parry in combination with the circular step to start evading better, however it ended up turning into a left hook (oops).  Dropped into a flicker stance and did a better job of slipping.  Need to do this more.

The top of my head hurts way more than my face, so at least I'm taking shots where they're supposed to go.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds fun. And parries don't turn into hooks by accident, you animal.

    ReplyDelete