Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Training Log: Entry 335

Holidays are over. Took a break, rested my shoulder, ate big, and only did a deload of grip work (5 sets of 3 on the number 1).

Boxing and BJJ today.

PT as usual, then paired off and did one guy attack one guy defend. My guy was one of those bench curler dudes, and he had back problems (suprise), so he couldn't do too many rounds without a break. I ended up only attacking, not defending. Sucked. Letting my hands drift from my face too much when attacking. Worked on attacking in angles and finding my range. Doing much better than before. Was able to catch his timing and rythum at one point and threw an uppercut right as he ducked into it. Beauitful.

Some new guys joined today. No longer the class punching bag. Worked my slipping and blocking as he threw nothing but jabs. Worked on getting in, throwing a hook or a straight to the body, getting out. He was much taller than me.

Sparred with the big dude my height and twice as huge. Worked on turning my body more to the side, despite my wanting to square off. Was able to slip his jab and block his right MUCH better than last time. Only took one good shot to the head and one to the body. Improving. Didn't really land much on him, just a few blows to the head.


BJJ

Warm-up. Shrimping and crap.

Paired up and did a drill, one guy in guard, one guy tries to pass. My partner was clueless, and I didn't realize it till the drill was over, so not much accomplished there.

Worked on way too much crap at once. My only gripe with BrikHaus is that we tend to fly through dills rather than drilling the move 100 times or so to really enforce it. Different styles I suppose though. Went over the kimura from NS, knees on either side of head, kimura from side control, guillitine, guillitine prevention of lifting the shoulder, sweep from that position, and some basic guard passing. From there, free rolling.

Cardio was there, but strength was gone. All slippery, couldn't get a damn grip on anything. Spent most of my time trying to survive rather than get a sub. Got tapped to some shoulder locks (still paranoid about shoulder so I tap early) and managed my favorite triangle to armbar sub. Need to work on getting out of side control. Was taught a cool technique by one of the guys about underhooking one arm, then brining your knee and elbow together to prevent the guy from passing, then sweeping him. Don't really remember the details, but I'll try to look it up.

PT afterwards. Was on an endorphine high at that point, so no sweat.

Shoulder bugging me a little. Prolly still take it easy on the upperbody work tomorrow. Deadlifts and maybe some rear delt work.

No comments:

Post a Comment