Thursday, December 14, 2006

Training Log: Entry 328

Squats of 315
4,1,2,2,1

Notes: Moved the weight up a little too high too fast.  Focused more on form this time.  Think I'm gonna do it more powerlifting style than high bar olympic, as it's helping to keep my knees from bowing in.

Bench of 285
5,5,4,3,2

Notes: Nice and smooth.  Focused on keeping my shoulder blades pinching and the results payed off.

Pull-ups w/35lbs
5,5,5,2,2

Note: Focused more on form.  Getting a good pull in those lats.

CoC grip work #2
Right hand
5,5,5,3,2

Left hand
Assistance versions of the one above

Notes: Ugh, my left hand is killing me.  Maybe I need to lower the resistance, or warm-up better.  I don't want uneven hand strenght, but I don't think my left is gonna catch up to my right very fast.

Think I'm gonna call an end to this cycle and start over again.  Maybe not, but it depends on what I have access to over winter break.  Hopefully I'll be able to get some training in at the local MMA joint.

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm. My friends been doing low rep sets for like...6 months now and he still hasn't "burned out" figuratively (as in hitting plateaus) or literally (as in fucking up any body parts). What's the deal with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good workouts. Simple and to the point, perfect for fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, its an honor to hear those words from you.  Much love Faxandu.

    Istinto, what's the workout?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going not bad. I've only bench pressed like 3 months out of this year, but I am sure I can get it to 300 by march 2007.

    ReplyDelete
  5. His workout is, as far as I remember, and everything's 3x5:1: Bench, incline, decline, weighted chest dips.2: Bar, DB, and Hammer curls3: deads, sim row, high row, widegrip pulldowns to chest4: Cleans, Push Press, DB Bradfords, closegrip bench, tricep pushdownsAnd he refused to work out his legs.1 is chest, 2 is biceps, 3 is back, 4 is shoulders and triceps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, deads are hitting his legs a little.
    Odds are he's a teenage kid not working with maximal loads and cheating form.  Or not.

    ReplyDelete