Thursday, December 21, 2006

Training Log: Entry 333

Boxing today

Did some PT to start, and then 40 minutes of sparring w/6 minute rounds.

Notes: Popped my shoulder tonight, so my sparrign was a little messed up.  Too afraid to use the right for 2 rounds, and still a little hesitant to do more with it.

I need to work on not moving straight back when I get hit.  I also need to work on stayign strong when I get hit.  It seems whenever I got hit, my feet would fly away from me.  My coach thought I was runnign away, but I was just going where my feet carried me.  Need to move into the blow or angle away from it, but not directly behind me.

Right side of my face hurts more than my left.  Keep the right up.

Did a decent job of circling and throwing jabs for a little, but when I was paniced, same old crap of just moving straight and leading with my head.  Gotta focus.

Was able to work some body shots on a guy much taller than me.  He was a southpaw, kept stepping on my foot.  Kinda annoying. 

Did a decent job of covering up, and slipped a few punches, but gotta work on doing both together.

Footwork is a mess.  Plain and simple.  Anyone can evade me.  Need to work on this, or wait for the counter shot.

Gotta keep that guard tight.  Too eager to just let it drop when chasing after a guy.

Stamina held up better than last time.

I realized that I'm the smallest guy in my boxing class.  Made me feel better for getting beaten up.

Weights tomorrow.  Prolly restrict myself from upperbody pushing just to recover a little.

5 comments:

  1. That sucks about the shoulder. I hope it recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels fine, I'll just give it a little rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, sucks. I thought your shoulder might have stopped doing that these days. I remember you were pretty confident about that a few weeks ago. How did it pop out, were you lifting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, good luck with that, again. It's good to hear that you're being pushed, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah, it popped out in class.  I threw a right, was too tense, colided with my partner, and it slipped.  Put it back in and kept going.

    ReplyDelete