Monday, December 11, 2006

Training Log: Entry 326

Worked my boxing defense with the fiancee.  Much smoother than last week.  Shook off a lot of my ring rust and was moving pretty smooth.  Did 2 rounds of no-strike sparring.  Had headgear for the first volley and then got rid of it.  Couldn't see a damn thing.  I think I need a better brand than the cheapo everlast one I wear.

Notes:
+Doing a better job of bending at the knees rather than the waist when bobbing and weaving.  Apparently also doing a good job of keeping my elbows tucked.
+Did an alright job of "skeet shooting" with my elbows against straight shots
+Slipped a few punches.  Not many, but it's a bit hard due to the overhand shots.

-Only a few pats in there, and I was extending too far.
-My parries where way too far away from my body.  One ended up clipping my partner.
-Still turtling.  Doing a better job of not doing it so frequently, but it's hard not to do with no offense to fire back with.

I was on fire in the second round.  Could hardly be hit, and was skeet shooting a lot of shots.  Can't wait to spar sometime and see if any of this holds together.

5 comments:

  1. great site. But i have to ask why the hell would you like gerard Gordeau?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like him, I liked his presence in UFC 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alittle irrelevant.But what does it mean to "Deload" in lifting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's when I reduce the volume I'm working with down to about 70% while maintaining the weight as a means of active recovery.  You can only train low reps for so long before you burn out your CNS, but by deloading you allow yourself to keep training.

    ReplyDelete