Thursday, December 28, 2006

Training Log: Entry 337

Boxing and BJJ.

Boxing
PT to start. Getting easier.

Partnered up. One guy on offense for one round, one guy on defense.

Note: Coach had difficulty managing more than one group. My group ended up doing 2 rounds of one guy on offense, 1 round of one guy on defense. Still, defense was holding together all right, offense a little sloppy when its all I'm throwing. Working on my angles and combos.

Sparred for the rest of class. Something insane like 10 minute rounds. Defense is coming along much smoother with offense. Need more head movement, but that's coming around. Blocking was on fire, barely anything could get through. Need to work on drawing my hand back and straight as fast as possible. Was getting popped when I fired. Learned how to punch and draw head back to prevent the counter attack. Need to capitalize on openings. Would spend too much time blocking not enough time counter attacking. Doing a better job of not squaring up all the time and moving at an angle rather than straight back.


BJJ

I'm sucking here. Cardio is there, but muscles are gone and too goddamn slippery to grip anything. Oh well, if nothing else its mat time.

Didn't really drill anything today rather than situational grappling. First did some 20% rolling to warm up. Of course 20% means "OMFG try with everything you can to avoid getting tapped at ALL COSTS!", hate that ego stuff. Then did some free rolling at 100%. Guard passing and escapes from bottom/side need work. Coach congratualted me on my rolling, but I think he just has low expectations of me. Still, good to get my ass kicked to get some mat time. Drilled all sorts of stuff, from bottom, back, side, under mount, etc etc. Kimura is the only thing working for me, and the ocassional armbar.

PT wasn't tough.

4 comments: