Thursday, January 10, 2008

Training Log: Entry 529

ME upper day

2-board press
Barx3
135x3
185x3
225x3
275x1
325x1
360x1 (New PR)
365x1 (New PR)
370x1 (New PR)
355x1

Notes: Good day for PRs.  Walked in feeling really strong, and decided to keep going for it.  Extensive warm-up is the key, no more rapid weight jumping.  370 was a bad set-up, and an ugly rep, but I grunted it out.

Weighted dips w/45lbs
6,6,5,5

Notes: 190lbs was a long time ago, use less weight next time.  25lbs should do it.  My dip station is pretty crummy, but it gets the job done.

Weighted pull-ups w/10lb plate
6,6,5,5

Notes: Little jump on very last rep of last set.  Might switch to chins soon.

Kelso's lat shrug of 145
10,8,6,6

Notes: This thing always kills me.  Was very bent over, unlike previous times.  Really hit my middle back.

Bungee cord pull aparts
20,15,15,15

Notes: Think I'll be dropping these now that I have the lat shrugs in, but they've served me well.

 

In other news, the Air Force made me run a 5k this morning.  I got back at them with a double western bacon cheeseburger+regular western bacon cheeseburger for lunch and pizza for dinner.  No one takes away my calories.

 

Thinking of doing some progress pics once I hit 220.

4 comments:

  1. "No one takes away my calories" - LMAOnice pressin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hit them where it hurts. And awesome numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "No one takes away my calories" sounds like something Steven Seagal would say

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've got a man crush on Steven Seagal, dude. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete