Sunday, January 27, 2008

Training Log: Entry 538

DE lowerbody

Speed low box squats of 185
10x2

Notes: Took a 35lb plate off of my stack to get well below parallel.  Dumped the first set, because I lost control on the way down.  Real murder on my hips, gonna be good for my flexibility.

BB split squats of 135
10,9,8

Notes: I hate unilateral work so much.  Gassed and diet.

Below the knee rack pulls from the #2 hole of 405lbs
4x6

Notes: Holy crap, this sucked.  I might be retiring from these just out of fear of destroying my power rack.  Did a good job of keeping my arch.

 

I think I've torn my left glute ham connector.  It really has been killing me.  Might need to take some time off, or get some message or something.

2 comments:

  1. you know, if you want to venture down the dark side of gear and powerlifting, you might want to look into getting an old pair of briefs or one of a looser/stretchier material. I generally feel the low stuff on the front of my hips almost in line with my femur. But when i lift in the briefs.... nothing. They do give a little of support at the bottom, but i can squat down to a catchers position in them with no weight, so its not too much. But whatever thay do, they definately take care of your hips. on your glute/ass tear thingy - did this happen today with the lower box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking that if my hips really start bugging me, I'll invest in some briefs.  As it stands, I don't feel pain, just stiffness, so this might be beneficial just for the sake of my flexibility.
    As for the tear, it's been bugging me for a while, just been really bad this week.  Gonna try some stretching.

    ReplyDelete