Monday, January 14, 2008

Training Log: Entry 531

RE upper day

Bench press of 195
20,8,5

Notes: Lost the arch a little on the first set, but otherwise got a decent workout.  Gonna see how I do on bench this week, and maybe switch back to DE.

Incline DB bench of 86lbs
6,6,5,5

Notes: Been a while since I did this movement.  Need to wear t-shirt to keep from sticking from the bench, otherwise I pull something.  Keep the spring collars facing down upon pick-up to keep them from running into each other.

Lateral raises of 26lbs
4x6

Notes: Tried for bradford presses, but the incline work killed my front delts, so it was a no go.  Might cheat on this a little to get some momentum going.

T/V bar rows of 135
13,9,7,7

Notes: I was on today.  Really great pull in the lats.  Pull with those elbows and pinch the shoulder blades together.

DB hammer curls of 41lbs
8,7,7

Notes: Felt really strong on these today.  Up the weight next time.  Try to keep spring collars from tugging on shorts.

3 comments:

  1. Do you pinch back your shoulders on incline work? Mine seem to hurt when bringing that over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, pinching caused some pain, so I'm doing it archless.
    It's 86 because I got some new DB handles that are apparently 6lbs, so I'm adjusting the weight accordingly.

    ReplyDelete