Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Training Log: Entry 532

ME lower day

Deadlifts
135x3
225x3
315x3
405x1
455x0 (Forgot the chalk and grip slipped, it was a warm-up anyway)
515x1
525x1 (New PR)
530x1 (New PR)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LBGM-jJWTaw

Notes: Video explains a lot (thanks Apostol).  Was going to take it easy but I felt too damn good to let a PR slip today.

High bar closed stance good mornings of 185
4x7

Notes: Much easier than last time.

DB side bends of 106
8,7,6,6

Notes: Really pulled on my lower back on the left side for some reason.

6 comments:

  1. Nice work on the PR. I bet with a little form tweaking you will hit some much bigger PRs. On your 525, when you grip the bar you start rocking back and forth, kind of sitting back, looking forward/up with your chest kind of up, then up, then back down again. When you sit back like that, that is how you should start your pull. Straight arms, and going back it will kind of feel liek you are prying the bar up with your hips. http://youtube.com/watch?v=VRJqBqIbNtMthat is my training partner. He hitched it but had a rediculous pull off the floor. Just think of it like a squat form. they are nearly identical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my goal is to be able to pull it from that stance (hence the rocking back) but sometimes my hamstrings and lowerback just take over.  Usually when attempting a new max my form goes all over the place.  I'll be concentrating on it on my next pull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very awesome. I had to cringe at the rounded back, which would probably be rectified with those form adjustments, but at that weight, it's pretty much whatever it takes. Hell, not cringing takes all the fun out of watching lifting videos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still freaking amazing weight. Good job on the deads. Looking forward to what you can do with better form.Jesus reko, that WAS an amazing pull from floor to knee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta agree with PPP, your back was definitely too rounded. Again agreeing with PPP, though, the form adjustments would probably fix it.Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't say it was "too" rounded, because I was still able to make the lift, haha.

    ReplyDelete