Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Training Log: Entry 981

SSB box squat 380
7

Notes: I am moving the heavy set to the front while keeping the WM set at the end. Dante advocates resting "as long as you need" between the heavy and WM sets, so I figure it's not going to have any impact on hypertrophy, while it will allow me to actually get stronger on my squats versus their current level of weakness. So far, so good.

EZ bar curls 95
18+5+5

Notes: Unintended benefit from squatting first is I now can no longer use my lower back to cheat the curls. Much tougher, and blew my biceps away

Swiss bar curls 75
13

Seated swiss bar calf raises 205
12

Banded GHR light+20
9+4+3

SSB box squats 300
20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NanYzvykWcg

Notes: Literally resting on the box on the last 4 reps, but it works. I notice that when I sit back, my depth is a hair high, but when I use bad form and sit straight down, the box is the perfect height. I'll probably need to do a little dive bombing on the meet, but no biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment