Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Training Log: Entry 1609

(12) Chain Suspended Squats 530
1x7

Notes: Really focusing on squatting from a dead stop at the start rather than rolling into it.  As a result, finally seem to be getting stronger from this position, rather than just better at manipulating the chains.  "Stronger, not better" is the motto I am going to try to live by in my training.  The point is to become stronger, not just better at lifting.

GHR
3x10

Reverse hyper 250
3x10

GHR sit up
3x10

Front Squat 235+chains
3x10

Notes: Had to cut the rest short.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks man. Another one of my mini revelations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to condescend anyone stronger than me but it's the same line of thinking why I'll probably never be into geared lifting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually really amped about trying out my new deadlift suit, haha. I'll definitely be spending time learning how to use it better, and I'll still have training sessions where the goal is to become better rather than stronger, but for me, it's about having it clearly defined in my head when I am accomplishing one versus the other.

    ReplyDelete