Friday, August 19, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2203

Dumbbell clean and press (clean once)
10x10lbs
5x25
5x50

6(right)/2(left)x105
3(left)/6(right)x105
3(left)x105


Superset w/

DB rows 105
8x10


Notes: First time pressing a DB in a LONG time, and also the first time pressing ANYTHING with leg drive since my surgery.  Technique was all over the place on the first set, but it started to pick up pretty quick.  Threw in an extra set with the left just to slightly even out the volume.  This is just a regular DB rather than a circus bell, and I've got enough experience now to tell the difference.  I actually think a regular DB is harder just because the ROM is so much longer.


DB shoulder press (no rest between sets)
5x10
5x15
5x20
5x25
5x30
5x35
5x40
5x45
8x50
8x45
8x40
8x35
8x30
8x25
8x20
8x15
8x10


Notes: So I only packed my 105s and my 50lb powerblocks, so this was the solution I came up with for a terrible assistance workout to get some volume.  Start with 5s all the way up to the max weight, then go for max reps at that weight, then match those reps all the way down, rest pausing as needed.  Basically pre-fatigue, pyramidding, dropsets and rest pause all thrown in, because I am really f**king stupid.  This was pretty awesome, I might try to get some video next time.  If I really wanted this to carry over, I'd do the pressing with the DBs in a neutral position to simulate the log.  Maybe next time.



NG chins
5x10

superset in a circuit w/

DB curls 25lbs
5x10


Notes: No rest, just back and forth 1 then the other.


Band pull parts
1x50



General notes: Altitude still sucks but I seem to be getting better.

2 comments:

  1. I like it whenever the words "stupid" and "awesome" are used to describe the same thing, haha. Those Powerblocks sure look handy when traveling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm at the point in my training where I prize stupidity over effectiveness, haha. The powerblocks are nifty, but I got them for a steal at $40 from a garage sale. No way I'd pay full price for them. I'd sooner just get some olympic handles and load them up with 5s and lock collars for a similar effect.

      Delete