Sunday, January 13, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2367

PM WORKOUT

Heavy bag boxing (8 rounds)
2 minutes on, 30 seconds off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3AhcFAIyKM

Notes: Holy hell, I had no idea how bad my staights had gotten until I saw them on video.  No sense of range, zero speed/pop, can see them from a mile away.  Still a little something left in that left hook/shovel hook.  I need to throw the right more in general; always been gunshy since the shoulder dislocations. Also need to move away at an angle: always moving straight back.  I remember all my old bad habits, now I just need to remember how to fix them.

These were the first 2 rounds.  As rounds got later, I tried to focus on finding my range for the straights, throwing double lefts and double rights, 2 body, 1 head, etc.  Been watching a lot of Bas Rutten footage and paying attention to what he says.

On round 8, I just hit the bag the whole time through the round.  Left straight-right straight-left straight-right straight-left hook-right-hook-left hook-right hook-repeat.  Was a solid burn out.

No weigh in this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment