Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2369

DEEP WATER ADVANCED WORKOUT 18 (WEEK 5, WORKOUT 2)

AM WORKOUT

Power cleans
10x115
10x135
10x155
10x175
10x195
10x205 (pr)

Box jumps
3x20

Notes: 3:50 between sets.  I totally did not want to do this workout.  These clean days just beat me up mentally.  That said, hit a topset of bodyweight for 10, so that's something.  Definitely noticing that I'm getting more explosive and a little more mobile, although my left elbow feels like it's going to explode at any second.

Second set of box jumps was the best set.  I got angry beforehand for some reason, and it shined through.  I think I've just been going through the motions on the jump, not really thinking about actually accelerating fast.  It's the same issue I was having with my straights on the heavybag.  I threw some straights as part of some basic shadowboxing and could get them to move fast if I focused on it, but going into autopilot, I move slow.
Taking MORE lessons from previous experience, the yoke is the exact same way.  My feet will plod unless I consciously think "quick feet quick feet quick feet".  Just something I have to be aware of for me.

Woke up at 204.0. 

No comments:

Post a Comment