Sunday, August 11, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2489

Farmer's Walks w/185lbs
5x72' (36' with a turn)

Notes: First time hitting farmers in like 3 years, and it showed.  Felt about a million years old on the first round and the implements were heavy as hell.  Dawned on me that I didn't do any sort of warm-up, so that could be part of it.  Found my rhythm on the second set.  Doing these on my driveway, which has a slope downhill and to the side but a flat part at the top, so I have to turn at the end and run them back uphill or else they'll slide down to the bottom of my neighborhood.  Good incentive to get good at turns.  Makes me stronger anyway.

Hot as hell outside.  Lots of sweating.  Still, felt good to be moving again. 5 rounds wasn't much, but with this being the first time hitting real events in a LONG time I played it safe to see how my body reacts. Right hamstring was starting to be a little achy at the end. 

I'm definitely slow, but that's not a shock.  Thankfully, there's only 1 real moving event in this comp, but so far I'm 1 of 3 competitors, so if I can get fast enough for second place, that'll be worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment