Thursday, August 29, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2501

PM WORKOUT

Axle bench press 311
1x10
1x8
1x7

Axle close grip bench 261
1x10
1x9
1x8

Swiss bar incline bench 210
2x10
1x8

Dips
1x36
1x26
1x23

Standing ab wheel between sets of benching (6x6, 2x5)

Notes: 3:25 between sets.  New territory benching 311 for multiple sets.  It's heavy, but managable.  The 2nd and 3rd set of the close grip benching I may have had another rep on, but didn't feel the need to absolutely murder myself so early in the workout.  On the first set of the incline bench, my right hip cramped up something fierce.  May have made the full 3x10 in absence of that.  Happy with where my benching strength is at this point.

I've slightly dialed down the calories over the past few days, really just trying to reduce my quest bar intake.  3 a day is a bit much, and once that becomes the normal, it won't be long until I'm at 4.  I recognize my tendency for easy addictions and new baselines, especially evident with my caffeine intake. 

Need to get some scale batteries to start gauging where I am going to weigh in for the comp.

Going to start working for real soon.  Getting on shifts.  Thankfully, the workload doesn't seem too tough, but I'll have to see how things sort out training wise.  Actually contemplating signing up for an MMA gym nearby for some drop ins on the days that I'm at home alone while the Mrs is at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment