Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2496

PM WORKOUT

GIANT SETS (squat-stone-hyper)

SSB front squat
8xBar
8x155
8x205
8x245
8x278
8x245

Stone of steel lap and extensions (loaded w/35lbs and spacers)
6x3

Reverse hyper 440
6x10

Notes: 3:45 between sets.  Heat has come back with a vengeance.  Actually just peaced out of the garage once the workout was done, rather than stay behind to unload the plates.  Luxury of the current set up at least.  I'm becoming VERY confident in the stone, because I can lap it and get it HIGH up on the extension despite being covered in sweat and slippery as hell.  Using tacky on a concrete stone is gonna feel like downright cheating come comp time.   

Weight was perfect for the front squats.  Getting smarter with the selection.  Also, noticed today that I am not feeling any pain at all in my hip or knee.  I can still trigger pain in the hip if I wanted to, so it's not fully recovered, but it's far more ahead than it was a few months ago where it was forcing me to limp.  I have observed this correlates with a slight uptick in bodyweight and, with that, bodyfat.  I've noted before, but it seems that staying lean tends to come with a consequence as far as moving heavy weights goes.  I don't need to get fat, but top 2-4 abs is about the max amount of leanness it seems I can get away with while still being "sturdy" enough in my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment