Saturday, August 31, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2502

PM WORKOUT

MAX EFFORT TOP DOWN DEALIFTS

5x135
5x225
2x315
1x405
1x495
1x585
1x615 (10lb PR)
1x620 (5lb PR...from that other PR)

https://youtu.be/xe3fV57Sbvc

GIANT SETS (dead-hyper-squat)

(4) Axle deficit deadstop deadlifts 333lbs
3x10

 Reverse hyper 340
3x10

SSB front squats 155 (flat soled shoes)
3x10

Notes: 3:45 between heavy deads, 2:00 between giant sets.  I am still pretty awful at top down deads, but the strength is greater on them.  I've definitely found the chink in my armor on them, because without the ability to set myself up to grind at the start of the pull, I can't really brute force through the pull, and HAVE to rely on technique.  Never woulda thought that was the case.  Remembered the trick to have the bar slightly rolled forward on the j-hooks so I could roll it into the straps and get locked in at the start.  Also focusing on taking small steps after the set-up and keeping my brace.

Came into this with some pain in my right glute/ham tie in and my left hip-flexor a little pissed off again.  Nothing crippling, but good to track on.

Ate well before this.  Pizza buffet.  I'm on the fluffier side, but at this point strength is moving well, I'm 20lbs below my weight class, and I got no real reason to be any leaner, so I'll ride it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment