Monday, August 19, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2495

PM WORKOUT

DELOAD

GIANTSETS (press-dip-raise-pull apart.  Odd sets strict press, even sets behind the neck press)

Axle strict press 151
3x10

Behind the neck barbell press 110
3x10

Dips
6xFailure

DB lateral raises 25
6x12

Band pull aparts
6x12

DB curls run the rack (no rest between sets)
35x10lbs curls
30x15 hammer curls
25x20 curls
20x25 hammer curls
15x30 curls
10x35 hammer curls
5x30 curls

Notes: 2:00 between giant sets.  First time in a while I actually did supplemental work during a deload.  Usually, I just take the day off, but with all the vacation time and good food, I wanted to make the most of it.  Could really push hard while keeping the weights lighter.  Got to give the curls my all.

Funny anecdote, but this workout still sucked, especially in the heat.  I came stumbling in from the garage in my sweat drenched wifebeater rocking a sweet deload pump and the Mrs. says

"Are you ok?"
"**GASP** yeah"
"You look big"
"**pant** **weeze**"
"I mean like, muscular big"
"*hands on knees dry heaving*"
"Your traps look really big"
"**gasp** thanks"
"Ok, so no hitting on the husband after a workout: got it"


The part they tell you about lifting to impress women is you'll be too exhausted to do anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment