Saturday, March 14, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2629

PM WORKOUT

MAX EFFORT LOWER

High handle trap bar lift
5x135
5x225
3x315
1x405
1x495
1x585
1x675
1x700
4x585


LATER

65 bodyweight squats

1:05 plank

Notes: 3:45 between heavy pulls.  That topset took pretty much all the life out of me, and though I had high hopes for 585 for reps, it sucked out of me quickly.  I tried a set before the set of 4, went for the set-up, shook my head and went "nope" and took a slightly longer rest to come back for what I did.  Good to be able to grind like that again.

Wife is doing a month long burpee/squat/plank challenge.  Was doing it with our kid in the evenings, but bedtime came early this time, so I stuck out the squats and plank with her.  Good to get in the extra work, because my hamstrings have been like piano wire ever since that squat workout, and the trap bar pulls didn't do any favors.  Been walking around in a fugue since that workout.  Musta given it a lot.

Hoping my pulling leverages get better with some weight loss.


Work has prevented me from competing in my comp on the 5th.  It's honestly for the best: I was genuinely un-exicted to do it.  I need to find a competition that interests me, because right now I'm pretty bored with what I've had offered.  I'm keeping my eyes open.     

No comments:

Post a Comment