Friday, March 20, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2631

YESTERDAY'S AM WORKOUT

Buffalo Bar Squat
5xBar
5x140
3x230
1x320
1x410

REST PAUSE (12 Deep breaths between reps)
6*x450
3x450
2x450
1x450
8x360
4x360
2x360
1x360

Notes: Asterisk on the first set, because the bar started slipping and I needed to do a quick rack and set-up again.  Strength was there.  Bar actually felt like it was starting to slip for most of the sets.  May need to get a new t-shirt for squats: current one could be getting too slick.  I could also commit sacrilege and put some athletic tape on my buffalo bar, but let's not get crazy.  Other possible COA is that, as my weight drops and the bloat goes away, my bar positioning needs to change.

Almost lost the squat on the 1x450 set.  Coming out of the hole, I started falling backwards.  Pretty similar to what happened to me on the 10th rep of 430 last week.  Interesting data point.

Seems I've figured out my squat ennui, because my training has been reduced this week with some family in town, and the two workouts I wanted to make sure I got done were the press and the squat.  Usually, I'd look for any excuse not to squat, but it's been awesome getting the squat this strong.  Should have carryover to a lot of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment