Tuesday, February 21, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2687

Alright, life has been nutty.  I’ve got 2 days of training to log here.  Monday was a federal holiday, so I spent it with the family, which meant my schedule was off.

I slept until about 0715, got in 2:30 of burpees fasted, did 2 hours of Top Golf (like time at the driving range) and then did

PM WORKOUT (1400)

**SUPER SQUATS** Workout 13

Axle clean and strict press away/pull apart

1x10x181
1x9x181
1x8x181/50 total reps


Breathing Squats/pull overs
16x405/20x20





Axle rows
2x15x218

Axle SLDL
1x15x263

Poundstone curls
159xAxle

20 standing ab wheels

25 pushdowns

150 unbroken DB flat bench reps w/22.5lbs

Notes:

* Different kind of training day, different variables, different outcomes.  As much as I’m stronger when I train in the afternoon, I’m also just different, and it showed.  I intended to make this an abbreviated training day as it was, as I was in between obligations.  I felt strong getting under the bar, but I felt myself slowing down much earlier than usual in a set.  Part of it may have also been trying to chase the squat depth dragon, but along with that, when I’m training later in the day I don’t have the natural tightness in my hips that comes with morning training.  I absolutely pushed this to the limit, as evidenced by how exhausted I was when the bar hit the straps.  Also blew out a lot of blood vessels in my face.

* I am not afraid of the weights but excited about this future challenge.  I now have something specific to conquer.  In turn, my approach is going to change mentally.  I’ve been racing to 20 reps (or 30 in the previous cycle), whereas now it’s simply a matter of “get strong and stay that way for as long as you can”.  If I get 20 next workout, outstanding.  If I get 17, the goal has been met.  I’ve got 5 more workouts to conquer this.  The soundtrack is changing too.  “The Fragile” was appropriate that the time, but now we’re going to “Burning Bright”




* It’s too perfect.  “I’m going back/of course I am/as if I ever had a choice…” “Oh my god I have missed you it has been so long/and I am stronger than I have ever been in my decline/I am stronger than I have EVER been IN my decline/for now I know, now I know, now I know for certain”  To say nothing of the fact the song literally says “Breathe…breath….breath”.  It could NOT be a better “Super Squats” song.  

* The axle press continues to be mighty.   After the squat set, I was amazed at how I literally had nothing left in me.  Each time I approached the axle for the rows, I would just stop and laugh at how there was nothing in the tank, and then I basically hatef**ked the reps out of the axle.  Being able to come back to the SLDLs with somewhat challenging weight afterewards boded well with the healing tricep.  And then I took the DB press reps in an interesting direction, just to get in some horizontal pressing, since heavy weighted dips continue to be a no-sell.

* I’ve been eating like a Geisha.  There’s no room for that.

*TUESDAY* 

**AM WORKOUT** (0435 wake up via dog) FASTED

**CONDITIONING**

Juarez valley burpee chins (1-10) w/10 KB swings between sets using 24kg bell

Then Juarez Valley KB swings (10-100) w/10 push ups between sets

  



Notes: 

* Got through the full Juarez Valley for the first one, and then I got stopped on rep 63 of 70 for the second.  For the second, I started with 100 swings, then 10, 90, 20, 80, 30, and was working on 70.  So I got in about 493 swings this morning in 30 minutes.  That’s pretty cluctch.  This was a good 30 minute light workout gearing me up for tomorrow’s Super Squats run.  Very little quad flexion, lots of hip hinge.

No comments:

Post a Comment