Thursday, February 23, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2689

AM WORKOUT (0435 natural wake up) FASTED

**CONDITIONING**



Notes:

* Just gonna explain this.  24kg bell.  10 swings-5 burpees-20 swings-5 burpees-10 swings-5 burpees-30 swings, etc.  Basically working up in sets of 10 on the swings, but always coming back to 10 before advancing.  The idea being that those short sets of 10 peppered throughout give me a chance to recharge and also give me more opportunities for level changes with those burpees.  Intentional disruption.

* Ran It for 30 min and was on rep 3 of my set of 100 when timer ran off, which I calculated to be about 533 swings and around 90-95 burpees.  Not a bad showing.  This was the kind of workout I needed.  Extremities feel better, heart rate got up, got in some posterior chain work, knee flexion was limited.  Super Squats does a good job of vectoring decision making.

* On that knee flexion piece, I haven’t been bringing it up, but my right knee is in a bad way as well.  It just aches when I squat.  Feels more like overuse than any particular injury.  I’m not used to that knee being the buggy one, so this is abit unique, but probably explains the hip pain on that side as well.  I imagine I’m compensating in all sorts of ways.

* Tang Soo Do torqued my limbs a little last night, but I’m getting better at preserving them.

* I’ll need to do a write-up at some point, but these little fasted conditioning workouts have been pretty crucial to my success with the program, primarily because they are active recovery AND, by doing them fasted, I help continue to maintain a voracious appetite necessary for the degree of food I am consuming.  But what’s funny is, I’ll post a video of me squatting 315 for 35 reps and get a handful of comments, but these little conditioning workouts get SO much attention, haha.


PM WORKOUT

25 burpee chins in 2 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment