Saturday, January 1, 2005

Training Log: Entry 37

Once again changed my bagwork.  Hoping it'll fix the holes in my
game.  Decided to go by 3 minute rounds rather than 5 minute
because the fatigue of the latter encouraged me to have lazy
hands.  Bad habbits.

Rounds 1-2: Shadowboxing.  Focus on snapping punches back right away rather than leaving them out (big problem)
Round 3: Shadowboxing.  Learned a drill to grab the earlobes with both hands to keep hands at face.  Using this.
Rounds 4-6: Bare-knuckle heavybag.  Focus on keeping hands up and snapping punches back.
Rounds 7-10: Grappling gloves boxing.   Work on punching power, yet making sure to snap punches back.
Round 11:  Muay Thai aresnal.  Atm, my knees are burned, so
all I can really do is polish my roundhouses.  Getting a better
pivot (as lacking in the videos).

3 comments:

  1. Hey, glad to hear that your training is going well.  Nice to see you are changing things up a bit to work on some other and improve on other aspects.  Hope the vids are helping you to figure out what you need to work on.  Keep up the good work!  I am so proud of you!  ~Aloha~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey JR, i finally got my computer set up in my apartment. I'm glad it worked after a month of no use. Thanks for the training over break, i'll try to keep it up durring the upcoming quarter so that the next time we get together, i won't forget what you taught me. BTW, i'll try to get you the hajime no ippo dvds as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The man who has fire in his eyes is there to kick everybody's ass" - BJ Penn

    ReplyDelete