Sunday, January 30, 2005

Training Log: Entry 55


After a week off of martial arts and heavy lifting because of my shoulder, I'm back in business.  Went to my grappling class tonight.  Was basically a takedown lab.  My wrestling background helped me excell.  I got paired up with a great training partner.  He has the size, weight, strength, and experience on me (He's at least 210, pure muscle, and has a wrestling and Judo background).  I was amazed I could hold my own against him.  We performed a drill where one person went for the takedown and the other defended for 3 minutes, and I stopped him from scoring on me for a good amount.  The clinch breaks I learned from "Savage Strikes" were an asset.  When it was my turn to score the takedowns, I lost a contact lense -_-'  Meant I didn't get to go for long. 


Cardio is insane.  I can go for days.  I'm in the greatest phsyical shape I've ever been in for a damn long time.  Can't wait for the throwdown.

5 comments:

  1. Yaay!!!  I am really glad to hear that you have gotten a decent training partner.  That always helps.  So glad to hear that your cardio is holding up.  That should be really good for your endurance in WA this next weekend.  I am so excited for you!!!  You are doing awesome!!! Keep up the good work!  I am proud as always of your efforts.  ~aloha~

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome page man. dont miss out on tito vs. vitor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That class sounds awesome. Were you able to defend against him the whole round?
    And it's good to hear your cardio's so good now. How many days a week do you go running or anything? I only do it around once to twice a week (yes, I'm still on my bodybuilding routine, and that's what I came up with. Looking to make some changes soon.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cardio sucks... Whens this WA throwdown? Well, I guess I could just check Bullshido huh? Good luck anyways. I'm still hoping we can spar sometime, and that I can get my freinds digi camera and upload these damn vids I got.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying for HIIT every other day, with moderate cardio (running/jump rope/bag work) on the off days.  I'm cardio training some chick, so it gets my fat ass in the gym as well. 
    Throwdown is this Saturday.

    ReplyDelete