Sunday, January 23, 2005

Training Log: Entry 49


Went to a second sub grappling class.


Warm-up


Single leg takedown from jab-slip (comes easy to me)


Guard passing/guard defense work


Guard passing rolling: I could hold my own for a little.  I got some advice (have my guard higher when he's attempting to use the elbow pass) during the rolling that helped.  I made decent use of strength against someone bigger than me (gasp!  Finally, people that might pose a challenge in regards to strength)


Free rolling for the rest of the hour.


Peronal notes: Getting positional dominance is actually coming along pretty naturally for me.  My flaw is my lack of submission knowledge.  Still only really know the armbar from mount and kimura.  I somewhat know the armbar from guard, and I know what a triangle looks like (I actually tried for both).  Still, i think once I know what I"m doing, it'll come along nicely.  I held my own against one of the assistant instructors, and Jeff actually gives advice to the guys I'm rolling aginst, rather than to me, which lets me think that I might be posing some sort of opposition.  Still gassing: result of wrestling training.  Still resisting too much: need to relax more.


Need to remember not to clip nails right before grappling.  Tore up cuticles.


Pulled my right deltoid.  Hopefully will heal by tomorrow, otherwise I'll miss my striking training.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds to me that your MA classes are beneficial to you and you are having some awesome experiences there.  It is very exciting to watching your enthusiasm grow and witness how passionate you are at bettering yourself.  Keep up the awesome work!!!  I hope your deltoid gets better!!!  I am so happy for you!!!  You are amazing and motivate me constantly!!!! ~Aloha~

    ReplyDelete