Saturday, January 8, 2005

Training Log: Entry 41

Tricpes were too sore to shadowbox (had no power and bad form, and
would rather no enforce those habits).  These workouts are kicking
my ass.

Have not been mentioning that I have been doing cardio during this new
season of lifting as well.  I tend to my cardio day on my chest
day, bag and half cardio on my back day, and only bag work on my leg
day (legs would be too sore to do any other sort of cardio). 
During my rest day, I intend to do a bag/half cardio session in the
afternoon and a session of footwork and shadowboxing in the evening.

Edit: Goddamn this bodyweight stuff is tougher than I thought.  I
used to think I was in shape until I did this crap.  Here's how
leg and ab day worked out (once again taken from
www.trainforstrength.com)

SHOOTFIGHTER/BOOTSTRAPPERS*: 4 SETS OF 25.
*25 Shootfighter Squats followed immediately by 25 Bootstrappers. This is one set.

10 Lunges

HIGH KNEE JUMPS: 10
Place your hands behind your head and keep your feet shoulder width
apart. Bend your knees slightly and drive your knees to your chest. Try
to jump again as soon as the balls of your feet hit the ground.

4 sets of 25 flutterkicks

SIT AND TUCKS: 15 in each direction, front and then each cheek.

CRUNCHES: 30 in each direction.

SITTING FLUTTER KICKS:  4 sets of 10.

ATOMIC SITUPS: 10
Lie flat on your back with your arms and legs extended. Bring your
hands and feet up at the same time and try to touch them together over
the middle of your body. It's pretty comical to watch these in the
video too.

Those shootfighters/bootstrappers killed me.  My legs feel like jello, and my abs are like a brick.  I love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment