Thursday, January 6, 2005

Training Log: Entry 39

I've started on day 5 of my new program (being that today is
Thursday).  To let you know what I have so far, here ya go. 
As a reference, I got most of my ideas from www.trainforstrength.com

Push-up Pyramids to 15 (means going from 1 to 15 back down to 1)
Reps 1-5 are Triceps
Push-ups, Reps 6-10 are Regular Grip Push-ups, and Reps
11-15 are Dive Bomber Push-ups.


GRAPPLING UNLIMITED PUSHUPS: 2 sets of 50 (originally 1 set of 100)




Lie down flat on your stomach
and place your hands right next to your chest while making
sure your elbows are tucked in tightly behind you. Raise
your entire body a few inches off the ground for your starting
point and then raise it another 6 inches for the mid-point.
The only thing touching the ground is your feet and hands.



DIPS:
4 sets of 8-10

Note: The pyramid looked like a joke at first, but by the time I was
donw with it, I was so thankful I could complete it.  I thought
it'd be a bad start to my new routine to not even be able to complete
my first exercise.

I was unable to do a full 100 reps in one set of the grappling
push-ups, thus I broke it up into 2 sets.  I hope to rectify that
soon.

I want to add one more exercise before the dips, because once I was
done with those, the workout was over...I couldn't move my arms.

So far, I am VERY happy with this workout.  Dips have become a new
favorite of mine.  I'm thinking I want to work more towards 15-30
reps though, to keep this as a muscular endurance exercise, but we'll
see.

I also want to add in a little bit more shoulder/chest work.  I'm
thinking of that the new exercise to add in will be Dands or Hindu
Push-ups until failure.

1 comment:

  1. I glad to hear that you are enjoying the new program and getting a good work out from it.  I admire your dedication.  Keep up the awesome work!!!!

    ReplyDelete