Friday, January 28, 2005

Training Log: Entry 53


Took an Aikido class offered at my campus.  It's a logical system, but a bit too slow paced for me, and requires an amount of relaxation and calm that I don't think I could possess during a fight. 


Instructor made an example of me as "the big guy".  I hate that crap.  I actually tend to offer very little resistance in these types of situations beacuse I fear hurting my training partners.


I may continue taking the Aikido.  It's free: can't beat that.  I wanna spar the instructor sometime.


Sparring tomorrow.  Got my gloves today.  Black.  Favorite color.  Can't find my mouthguards, so I might need to use my "in case of emergency" spare. 

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome it's free. Doesn't Aikido really focus on defense and counter-moves? Just seeing if i know it off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's a very defense based internal art

    ReplyDelete