Friday, January 7, 2005

Training Log: Entry 40

Goddamn I'm sore.  Triceps are killing me, and my left shin is
dying (byproduct of not being able to condition it.  Right shin
still seems to be working well though).

Tested a new BWE in regards to chin-up/pull ups called
"laddering".  Initally, this is done with a partner, where one guy
does a pull-up, the other guy does one, first guy does two, second guy
does two, etc etc.  It can be accomplished solo (which I have
done) if you just estimate the time in between pull-ups. 
Apparently it's what the Spetznas (sp?  Russian Special Forces)
used to get the mandatory 18 deadhang pull-ups with a 10kg bulletproof
vest on.  Suffice to say, Russian Special Force I am not.  I
did feel some strain in my triceps, which at this point I'm going to
blame for my poor performance, but in reality, this is my weak point
that I hope to remmedy.

Program as of today went
Pull-ups
  Ladder up to 5 for 3 sets
Chin-up
    Ladder up to 3 for 3 sets
Commando Chin-ups
    Ladder up to 2 for 3 sets per side (total of six sets)

And at that point, I was done.  Man did I feel bad.  The
20-30 second rest time in between sets is so damn new to me.  I'm
loving this though.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you got a nice little Xanga goin on here. I remember when you first started it, way back when. Now I kinda wish I had kept up with it. You got some gnarly workouts goin, good luck with em. I hope one of these days we get a chance to spar.

    ReplyDelete