Monday, January 31, 2005

Training Log: Entry 56


Boxing/Muay Thai class:


Warm up


Drills:
Jab w/defense of outside parry/counter
Jab-Jab-Cross-Cross-Left Hook-Left Hook-Right Hook-Right Hook w/defense of outside parries and blocking where appropriate
Jab-Cross w/defense outside parries+Jab-cross counter
Jab-Cross w/defense outside parries+Jab-cross-low left hook-high right hook counter


Timing Sparring for a few rounds.  Kick work.  Banged up my shins.  Knee is killing me.


During class: worked on snapping punches back and keeping hands up.


After class sparring: Boxing rules


Pros: Great cardio, Strong straight punches, good hits off of the clinch, good jaw, using bodyblows and combos


Cons: I go too soft, still drop hands, will flurry instead of combo, lack of power in hook

3 comments:

  1. A very utilitarian weblog, but to the point.I'm finishing up my black belt in Taekwondo, and I've learned Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiujitsu here and there.I really appreciate the versatility of Muay Thai Kickboxing.Are you on a career path for pro fighting success?If so, any tips for a 6'2" light heavyweight 2 years behind you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ambitions to be amatuer, but pro isn't in the considerations at the moment.
    Tips?  Find the best school/teacher, train with the best partners, research, weight train, nutrition, compete in local tourines until you get recognized.
    I hate you for your height =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you class went well.  WA is not that far away.  Three more days!  You must be excited.  I'll be thinking of you.  Keep up the awesome work!!!! I am so proud of you.  Take care.  ~aloha~

    ReplyDelete