Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Training Log: Entry 373

Deadlifts of 315
5X5

Notes: This was a little tougher than before.  Almost blew my voice out from grunting.  Still managed though with some room to spare.

Dips w/80lbs
5X5

Notes: No hitches here.

Bent over rows of 150
5X5

Notes: Really easy.  Using the weight back from 20 rep squats.

 

Did some interesting improv grip work today.  Worked on tearing a 2" phone book in half.  Made it about 3/4 of the way through with a 5 minute break in between attempts.  Gonna try to find something smaller and work up from there.

Weighed in at 199 again, but that was after a large meal.  Still have a little chub I need to get rid of.

7 comments:

  1. If you really want to blast your dead up, I'd suggest going heavy for 1-2 sets and then slamming assistance exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did really good today!!! Thanks for all your help with my routine.  You are really helping me to reach my goals.  I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do love heavy singles for deads.  I may work them in sometime in the future.  Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to tear phone books in half. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I don't know how you get by with only doing 3-5 different lifts a day, I've gotta get more volume in Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Volume is for the i-pod, not the weights =P
    I'm hooked on Pavel, what can I say?  20 rep squats was fun, but I'm glad to be back to low ass numbers and heavy ass weights.

    ReplyDelete