Saturday, March 24, 2007

Training Log: Entry 383

Finally getting some power back into my straights.  The floor I have to practice on is a waxed basketball court, so sticking is tough, but finally getting the driving force into my blows.  I may be a little stiff, but first comes form, then power, then fluidity.  Handwraps are really helping.

Boxing Mastery by Mark Hatmaker has been a big help in this regard.  The hinge principle is helping me out, along with the idea of driving my foot through the floor without flaring my foot out.  Have some new drills to do.  Did a little of the Dempsey cage today.  When my legs can handle it, I'll drill it more.

Grip training is getting solid.  I think 2 days with the #2 has been good for my CNS.  Can do the 5X5 with the right hand with a 5 second hold at the final rep of the 5th set, and can get 1-3 reps per set with the left hand, following the rest with negatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment