Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Training Log: Entry 386

Deadlifts of 335
5,5,4,3,4

Notes: Felt great today.  No grip problems.  Maybe next time I can clear it.

Dips w/110lbs
5,4,3,3,2

Notes: This is a great weight.  Had my spotter check to make sure I was meeting parallel.  Apparently I was going beyond it.

Bent over rows of 195
5,5,4,3,2

Notes: Form was much better than last time.  Really felt the pull in my lats.

Up to a 10 second hold on the last rep of my CoC training.  Got the #3 in the mail the other day.  Can get it about halfway closed.  Got a long way to go.

Got a sparring clip to upload.  Guy had no standup game, so I was clowing too much.  Gotta use every opportunity to improve myself.  No more of this hands down at my waist crap.  Did at least focus on using my right hand more.  Nailed him with a ton of body crosses.  Also worked on hitting him with flurries.  Hit him with 13 unanswered punches in one flurry, and several others like it.  Just teed off on him when he would cover.  It was fun rules.  I was boxing and checking kicks, he could kick.  Used the flicker stance a lot, less Peek A Boo. 

Bagwork shows that I'm finally planting my right foot on the cross.  Now I need to do it in sparring.  On almost every cross, I was off balance and my foot came off the ground right at the end.  There was 1 or 2 exceptions to this.

Chin tucked more.  I'm getting sloppy again.

Quit leaning back!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the #3. I expect to see your name on Ironmind's site in the future!

    ReplyDelete