Sunday, March 18, 2007

Training Log: Entry 377

Back from my break.  Mighta put on a little chub, but here comes the cut.  Cycled off of creatine, will begin loading tomorrow.

Did 8 minutes of bagwork today.  I was dying.  The heat combined with my gastank off of a bulk was not great, but I can always build up.

MY RIGHT CROSS IS AWFUL.  I'm putting this in all caps so that it will stare me in the face everytime I see this post, and will serve as a constant reminder.  After reviewing this 8 minutes of tape, even keepign in mind that power comes from the legs, I STILL lifted my right foot every single time I threw a right cross.  All arms, no legs.  This comes as a result of my history of shoudler injuries.  After popping my shoulder out twice throwing right straights, I'm to afraid to do it again.  In an entire night of boxing, I might throw 3 right straights.  This has to stop.  I will make it a habit to throw 100 right crosses at the bag when I do my bagwork.

Other notes:

My range is twice as long as I was giving myself credit for.  I had no idea I could stand so far away from the bag and still hit it with jabs.  Now I need to work on finding my jab and hook range and moving in and out of them.

Stop moving straight back.  Even with head movement, this is retarded.

Hooks are carrying a good amount of power.  I sit in on them.  Need to throw them more.

Throw more uppercuts!  They look destructive on the tape, I need to throw them more often in my combos.

Jab had a lot more power than last time.  Range, shoulder and legs.

Didn't even bother with kicks.  Wanna get my boxing good.  Gonna join the boxing team at Vandenberg.

Work more defense in bag work.  The hilarity is that I'm all defense when I box and all offense on the bag.

Throw jabs straight.  Even though they were the right range, I was throwing down at stomach level for some reason.  Stupid.

On that note, throw more bodyshots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment