Thursday, March 29, 2007

Training Log: Entry 387

Worked my cardio today.  Rope skipping and heavybag stuff.  Working a lot of infighting drills, and still focusing on distance and power in the right hand.

I'm ashamed of my sparring today.  Absolute suckfest.  I have to quit this niceguy bullcrap.  It's boxing.  You hit people.  That's the sport.  All of my punches were pushes and I was moving in slow motion while my partner was wailing on me.  I at least stopped leaning back, but now I gotta focus on actually freakin' punching when I box.

2 comments:

  1. It's good that looking at your videos has pressured you into more critical analysis of yourself (at least it seems that way). Do you do that even against people of your size?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gone against people my own size in a long while, but typically no.

    ReplyDelete