Friday, March 23, 2007

Training Log: Entry 382

Deadlifts of 335
5,4,4,3,3

Notes: Form was much better, most likely just a hiccup from coming back after a week off.  Grip was the weak link in here oddly enough.  Perhaps I should work some pinching grip in with my crushing grip work.

Dips w/90lbs
5X5

Notes: A little stretch reflex here and there, but a lifts a lift.  I think 20lbs up should be good.

Bent over rows of 185
5X5

Notes: Form was sharper here.  I kept falling backwards when I tried to bend at the hip.  Use the weight as a stablizer.

I think next week I'll start working in some neck stuff.  I figure deadlifts are pretty good in that regard, but on my double squat week, I could use a little more.  Maybe some pinch grip too.

1 comment:

  1. Heavy barbell shrugs with a pronated grip transfer over to deadlift grip well, I've found. When your grip fails, you can switch to a mixed one, and aim to increase the time every session.

    ReplyDelete