Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Training Log: Entry 376

Did a gymless workout on my break.

Beam pull-ups
5X5

Notes: For some reason, I feel like I engage my lats more when I grip a ledge for pull-ups rather than a bar.  I barely made it through this, and my lats were really stretching.

Plyometric high jumps
4X3

Notes: Don't really know what I'm doing on this.  Just some GPP.

Plyometric push-ups
4X3

Notes: See above.

 

Suspicions confirmed, I'm an arm puncher.  This is not a negative thing, for now that I have identified the problem, I can solve it and add even more power to my punches.  I've been drilling the falling step and driving with my legs when I punch.  For the next 6-8 weeks, I'm going to drill the hell out of the heavy bag. 

Weighing in at 196.6 with clothes on, puts me right at about 195 naked.  That's my goal.  Could see my abs in the mirror at the right light/angle.  Now I need to work on maintaining this.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go man, maybe by the time I finish my cut I'll be down to your weight! But I tell you what, cardio is tough with a rehabbing ankle.

    ReplyDelete